Saturday, September 10, 2016

Wikipedia Trail: from "Devon" to "Roman Empire"

Devon is a county of England. Fairytales often portray pixies to have lived within Devon. I discovered Devon as a origin of pixies as I was researching information for my storybook project. Devon is also referred to as Devonshire. I have not decided which form of the word I will use within my storybook. Devonshire seems somewhat more formal to me. The origin of the word Devon is British. This plays fits nicely with my storybook, which takes place in Great Britain, under the Roman Empire.

Roman Britain was the area of the island of Great Britain that was governed by Roman Empire, from AD 43 to 410. Roman Britain was governed by emperors. The Roman Empire usually refers to the post-republican, autocratic government period of Roman civilization, centered on Rome and its successor capitals on the Italian peninsula, from 27 BC to 395 AD. Great Britain is a large island in the North Atlantic Ocean. It is the largest island in Europe.

I think intertwining Roman Britain's history with mystical fairytales is going to make my storybook very intriguing. The whole experience of writing a storybook is a fun adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment