Friday, September 16, 2016

Feedback Focues Techniques

Read Out loud and Pay Attention to the Details
Reading out loud, copying and deleting, and using a timer are all helpful ways to focus your attention in order to provide constructive feedback. Each technique's usefulness may vary between individuals. Reading out loud has always helped me remember what I have read and helps e catch thing that do not sound right to me. Maybe the passage does not flow well or something seems out of place. It may also make me aware that the argument or explanation of something does not seem fully flushed out. I had never tried the copy and delete technique before, but I found it to be really helpful. It allows you to focus on the key elements you as a reader picked up on while you were reading. By writing your comments in the margin, you are able to easily recall what you were most interested in discussing in your feedback. Unfortunately, using a timer while reading (or doing anything) does not work well for me. I am a high anxiety person, their for when I know something is being timed my focus turns to the timer rather than the task at hand. I think I will use some of these techniques as I study for the LSAT. This is my last chance to focus on the details of the exam.




No comments:

Post a Comment