Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Famous Last Words: "This is Really Happening"

This semester is going by really fast. Midterms are right around the corner. I have been so wrapped up with getting everything done that I have not took the time to enjoy being a senior. Although I am proud of my accomplishments, I will be sad to leave the University of Oklahoma. Having the opportunity to study at OU has been the best thing that ever happened to me. The best investment I have made in myself.

Educational & Emotional Growth
Yesterday I went on my admissions interview for law school. I felt like a kid at Christmas. Everything looked so intriguing, all I could think was I cannot wait to have the opportunity to study here. As I left the interview it hit me, "this is really happening!" Everything that I have worked for is within my grasp. It is very exciting.

It is funny to me that I am always such a high anxiety person, but right now I am perfectly calm. I think that is because I am ready for the next step. When I decided to return to college, I felt so much uncertainty, but I have grown both educationally and emotionally throughout my educational career. This growth has given me the confidence to feel prepared.

The admissions officer asked me what I wanted out of my law education. I explained that, I want to know that I put my best foot forward. That I put the effort into my education to get the most I could possibly get out of it. I have almost always lived in Oklahoma. I want to go to law school in Oklahoma and I want to practice law in Oklahoma. I want to help other individuals that feel like they are stuck in a bad situation without a voice. I know what an awful feeling it is to be scared and trapped in a bad situation.

I hope everyone stops to enjoy their senior year because This is Happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment